Forget about ‘time out’,
Welcome to Circle of Security –
Whether you are a parent with a child who challenges you, you have a really great kid and you want to deepen your connection, or you are a new parent seeking to raise a securely attached child, the Circle of Security Parenting Program will help you discover how to connect with your child, re-connect with your teenager, or deepen the existing great relationship you already have.
Relationships are about connection. This parenting program is unlike any you have been involved in before. Behaviour CAN be managed without punishment. Children can do what they’re asked the first time and parents can get through a day without yelling.
What is Circle of Security Parenting?
Circle of Security® Parenting™ is a parent-reflection program offering the core components of the evidence-based and internationally acclaimed Circle of Security program.
Whether you’re a new parent wishing to do the very best you can for your newborn, you’ve a strong willed and headstrong wild-child-toddler, a primary school aged child who seems to get more difficult to manage each day, or a teenager you’re worried will stray so far away from you that you’ll no longer have any influence over them at all, there’s something for each of us in the Circle of Security Parenting Program. As an experienced facilitator,
How Can We Help You?
Small Group, 2 sessions
Sometimes it’s really helpful to attend a workshop where you can talk with other parents about your struggles and problem behaviours.
This program has a maximum of 12 participants and runs as 2 sessions over 2 weeks. The workshop is held on week nights, during school hours and also on the weekends.
It can be difficult to tell your story and your privacy will be respected if you’d rather not share. There are immeasurable benefits to discovering you’re not alone in your journey.
Our children are the people who are most important to us.
The small group workshop is 2 sessions with one low fee of $270.
When is it next offered?
Session 1: Sunday 12 November 2023, 9:30am - 1:30pm QLD TIME
Session 2: Sunday 26 November 2023, 9:30am - 1:30pm QLD TIME
Must attend both sessions to receive the certificate of completion
What will attending this workshop do for you?
Respond to difficult behaviours in ways that create resilience
Cease the battles of 'will'
Identify your child's emotional needs
Recognise and understand your child's emotional needs
Improve your child's self esteem, school readiness and relationships with others
Support your child's independence
Support your child's need for closeness and intimacy
Promote the development of empathy in your child
Understand why sometimes your child's behaviours cause strong reactions in you
Discover a new way to handle your child's emotional 'meltdowns'
Discover a new approach to take when your child 'acts out'
Kirsty Petersen – Circle of Security Parenting Program Facilitator, Family Mediator, Conflict Coach, Author and best of all – “Mum!”
Your Circle of Security Parenting Program Facilitator
I have been practising Circle of Security parenting program principles for many years. As an experienced program facilitator, I support families all over the world, to deepen their connection with their children and change the way they manage problematic and challenging behaviour.
What Our Clients Say
I attended a Co-parenting workshop and Kirsty was brilliant in helping everyone there deal with a difficult and at times traumatic, period of our lives. She had real-life strategies for dealing with communication issues, parenting, and of course.. the relentless conflict. Kirsty helped me feel confident about the future. Kirsty clearly has so much knowledge, training, and experience in these issues, and the fact she has experienced co-parenting issues in her own life meant she knew exactly what we are going through and wasn’t just preaching from a textbook, she is amazing at what she does and I can’t thank you enough, Kirsty. PS: I have already started reading the book you suggested.
Kirsty demonstrated professionalism and impartiality.
It was clear to me that Kirsty’s main priority was working with each party to achieve common ground in order to reach an outcome.
Kirsty was not shy to call a spade a spade and I appreciated this honesty.
The mediation session was challenging and took a number of hours more than what was included in the fee however Kirsty encouraged discussions to continue and eventually an agreement was reached.
I was in a situation with my ex where we couldn’t agree on anything. Every communication was difficult.
With support from Kirsty, I was able to totally change the situation to a point where we can reach an agreement about everyday things as well as important issues.
We still have moments, but I now have the skills to facilitate our communication and I’m no longer anxious at the mere prospect of having to discuss something.
Kirsty has helped me navigate a very complex situation concerning my now adult daughter and a very hostile situation with my ex. Her advice and genuine desire for the best outcome for all parties especially the children is absolutely clear. Unbiased, direct but easy to listen to. I used her wisdom to change my own behaviour and reactions as I have zero control over the other parties. Life is much easier and less stressful using her strategies.
I was aware Kirsty had gone through a separation and was co-parenting and I initially had some reservations that Kirsty may hold bias because of her own experiences and this would disadvantage me. However, within minutes of sitting down with Kirsty this concern dissipated.
If you genuinely desire to resolve parenting matters, I have no hesitation in recommending Kirsty.
Yes! I want to make things different.
From The Blog
What Circle of Security ISN'T.
Circle of Security is many things, but here are some of the things it isn’t:
You may think it’s strange to have a section that tells you not to join us, but we are 100% committed to supporting families to raise securely attached children who enjoy deep connections with their parents. We want as many parents as possible who need this program to have access and if you’re with us for the wrong reason, or think it is something that it isn’t, there’s a family who missed out. All the groups are small, so that we can connect and learn from each other. Every parent needs to want to be there or they’re taking up the spot of another parent who needs the program. We want to work with families who want to work with us and make their relationship with their child deeper, stronger and more connected. So, if you are looking for any of the following, please choose a different program.
1. An easy, ‘tick-n-flick’ course to get your ex or the Court off your back. Please, unless you’re genuinely wanting to improve the relationship you have with your child (even if it’s already great!), don’t come to this course.
2. You will not learn how to dominate your child. You will not learn how to ignore negative behaviour and praise the behaviour you want to see. If you think you need a program like that, this isn’t the one for you.
3. A magic solution. This program absolutely works to create connection between children and parents. However, it won’t happen overnight. You absolutely can see change after just one session, but long lasting change takes a long term approach. If you’re looking for a quick fix, please, look elsewhere (that said, many parents report immediate change, but you do need to stick with it and keep evolving).
4. A course where you can blame everyone else. Circle of Security is about YOUR relationship with your child so you need to be able to look at what you’re doing, how you’re reacting and be honest with yourself. If you don’t think you have the ability to look inside yourself, then you should reconsider joining us.
As we said, we are 100% committed to supporting families. We know this program works. If you’re ready to connect with your child on a deeper level, Join Us NOW!
How is the course run?
Choose to access the course in any of the 3 formats:
1. Small groups of up to 12 parents, with sessions over 2 weeks. The greatest benefit of this delivery is not just that you can share and learn with other parents, but this is also the most affordable option.
2. One-to-one personalised sessions – the biggest benefit with this option is the ability to schedule the weekly sessions at a time that suits you. Each session is no longer than 90 minutes, so they’re easier to fit into your day. There are 8 sessions over 12 weeks.
3. Small groups of up to 12 parents, as a 5 Star Luxury Retreat. There are 4 sessions over 4 days – choose either morning or afternoon sessions. The greatest benefit to choosing the Luxury Retreat is that you can either bring your children with you and have a mini-break (child care is available) and practise the things you learn so that when you come the next day, you’re able to discuss, problem solve and reflect on what is working and what needs more exploration. Alternatively, you can take the opportunity to spend some time on you – attend the course, relax, indulge, and go home reinvigorated and ready to create deeper connections with your child. If you do come alone, you may wish to consider adding the coaching package to support your journey once you’re home.
What if nothing else worked?
Other parenting courses focus on dominating children and controlling their problem behaviour. If you’ve ever felt like you’re in a power struggle with your child, this program will totally change things.
Next Group Workshop: